Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Demi the Farmer.

Over the summer I've been working in the farming industry. The story all began with a Magnolia Tree that my sister wanted desperately. In case the image of a magnolia tree didn't flash through your mind, here is what it looks like:


Actually, this is exactly the one she was looking for, the one that can only be "gifted." That is why I started my online farm business in the well-known FarmVille Empire.


For the first few weeks, my participation in the farming industry was simply gifting my sister one magnolia tree a day. She dreamed of having a farm fenced by pink magnolia trees and finally realized her dream. Below is a panorama of her farm.


Zooming in, you may catch some fancy stuff on her farm.
See the blue-and-white wedding tent and the pink cottage she has?
She even owns a bakery!




Her collection of vehicles: a tractor, a seeder and a harvester!
Every little thing makes the ownership of a farm seem so real.




I used to be so uninterested in playing virtual games, but this summer is a boring summer, which has greatly contributed to my first move to actively take part in this farming. Though my business has just started, I do work hard on the farm. Except for the time spent with my summer readings, you can easily find me working on my farm. Take a look at my work.













The grapes were ready to be harvested.


My animals!
The swan was transformed from a toothy ugly duckling,
and the groovy cow is just too cool.
With a click, I, their owner, am allowed to pet, move, sell or rotate them.



But what I like best are the two structures I own on the farm:
the pink cottage and the school.


A school on the farm?

Yes, a school. I'm turning this farming into a dream realization,
though it was totally unexpected and unplanned. Since I cannot
get into the schools where I want to teach, I am building a school
of my own, or if possible, my dream. This is one thing I like about
virtual games--realizing a dream becomes so accessible!
I have owned a school house and now I'm working hard to make enough
money for getting a libray for my school, the most ambitious goal I have
this summer!!


Compared to other farmers, I'm still a rookie in this farming industry.
Look at this! The farm belongs to a former student of mine.
This girl even owns an Eiffel Tower!







The Moral:

If you mean to really enjoy summer time,
stay away from the Internet.







No comments: